Friday, January 21, 2005

2005

This is my first Blog posting of 2005. I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year, and I hope this year is even better than 2004, which I hope was awesome for everybody!

Since my last posting, in which I revealed to you, my friends, that I had been named the 2004 Charlotte Chess Club Player of the Year, I have since won the very last CCC tournament of 2005, by a full point over my nearest competitor. And yes, the final game of 2004 was a Newton Sicilian, won by yours truly :).

I look forward to playing in some major tournaments in 2005, and hopefully doing well. As you may know, I beat a major Grandmaster, and drew the then-US Champion. I have also beaten the now-current US Champion, and I hope to one day be able to say that I beat the World Champion also :).

Props and shout outs go to some of my friends who had an amazingly awesome year last year. I would like to start with my friend Hikaru Nakamura, who won the US Championship, after ALMOST winning the World Championship! Clearly he will probably one day become World Champion, he has all the talent that you need to get there, and he has that winning drive that you need to succeed.

Shout out to my friend Tom Rohrbaugh, who landed a SWEEET Managerial job at a Target in Chicago. Big bucks, big title, you earned it, you da man!

Props to my friend Greg Wilder, who is not only an awesome player of Magic the Gathering Tournaments, but also is quite possibly the #1 designer of MTG Decks in all the world today! Way to go dude, you're at the top, and you're still going higher!

Too many of my friends won big bling-bling in the world of poker for me to name each of them, so shout out to all of you, you know who you are, and you rock!!

Here's hoping that 2005 brings us all more success than ever before, and in the case of us single dudes, a really NICE girl too! No more mean girls for the Gladiator or any of his friends! Yay!!









No comments: