Monday, December 20, 2004

Player Of The Year

Saturday afternoon, at a special Christmas Chess-Party, I was officially given the title of "2004 Player Of The Year" by the Charlotte Chess Club. It is truly outstanding to be given this high honor, I want to thank NM Leland Fuerstman, Jon Pietras, and all the leaders of the Charlotte Chess Club, for their friendship and support over the years. I would not be where I am today without the support of such living legends of the chess world, nor would chess in general be where it is today without their herculean efforts to promote the Royal Game.

I would like to congratulate also everyone else who won prizes and awards at the Christmas Party, it was truly a wonderful afternoon for everyone. Also, its worth mentioning that NM Leland Fuerstman actually played the guitar and sang for all the members in attendance, and I think its fair to say that his musical stylings leave James Taylor, and other such musicians, in the dust.

No comments: